January 18, 2010

blog wunderlust : 18 January 2010

The blog wunderlust is a weekly round up summarizing the architectural highlights, news and web links, that don't otherwise fit the format of this blog. If you have any to share feel free to drop me an email


earthquakes don't kill people, buildings do follow the link to see what you can do to aid those in Haiti

Prehistoric building found in modern Israeli city | blind architects has a feel for the site | Barbie as an architect? | homeless city in the woods | flawed building likely a big element | The Most Over-Rated Architects + Architects who deserve more credit | beyond neo-victorianism | Gehry calls it quits | 250 ft green wall | Benjamin Latrobe: America's First Architect

links: the Design-Build Network
also the architects + film post has been updated

In working with concrete you can create disappearing curving space, all kinds of spaces that are solid and real and free
John Lautner

3 comments:

simondroog said...

Very interesting article about the blind architects. Thanks for sharing!

As an architect myself, I can't imagine how my life would change should I loose my vision.

I would like to see more architects that focus on all the senses, not just vision. And I think we should consider creating more architecture that actually acknowledges the concerns of its users, especially if they have some sort of impediment.

RSA said...

This is the greenest building I saw online. It’s very beautiful.

work from home said...

Wow! It’s amazing how technology can save our deteriorating mother earth.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...